Friday, November 13, 2009

Thursday, October 29, 2009 12:54 PM, CDT

I can't believe that it has been so long since we updated but I guess time has been flying. Things have been going pretty well. I am getting a lot of my strength and energy back, especially in the last week or two. I have been working 3/4 days and have been doing lots of bowhunting.​

Our talk at the high school retreat went well. God really blessed it. It was neat going back through all we had been through and seeing how faithful He was each step of the way. We have learned so much and have seen God's miraculous power through it all.

I got back down here to Mexico on Tuesday afternoon. They did all my detox, gave me some chemo, and did the vaccines. I think they will do chemo each day until I leave. I do not have to go to radiation, though. It has been going pretty well. I have been staying in a hotel the past two nights because the clinic has been full. Tonight there is a room open here so I will get to stay here at the cancer center, and then I come back home tomorrow.

Th​e doctor said my blood levels look really good and when he examined my pelvis he thinks the tumor has gone down in size by 90%. He said to keep doing what I'm doing and come back in a month. If things continue this way he said that I won't have to come down as often which would be great.

It has been neat to come back and see how some of the patients are doing that we met when we were down here. Most are doing really well. It has also been neat to meet the new patients. We have a great time and have lots of laughs together during meal time.

Thanks again for your continued prayers and intercessio​n. Thanks also for all of the support and nice things that have been done on our behalf. Katelyn and I have really been praying that God would reveal to us where He wants to use us. To whom much is given, much is required and we just Him to have His way with us. Pray for wisdom and revelation for us. Please pray for the other patients down here as some of them are in pretty rough shape.

Thank you God for manifesting your goodness and love to us. We are forever grateful and are excited to share what He has done in our lives with others. May we declare His works and the glorious majesty of His kingdom to all those we encounter.





Tuesday, October 6, 2009 7:34 PM, CDT

It's great to be home. Things have been going pretty well and we are so grateful to be back home and be together as a family again. God is continuing to bless us and we are constantly amazed as we look back and see what he has done. At the time when certain things happen you don't always understand, but you can look back and see God's hand each step of the way.

My energy level has come back quite a bit in the past few days. I started back to work on Wednesday and have been working about 3/4 days. I realized that I lost a fair amount of strength in the past 4 weeks but I am trusting that it will come back quickly. Deer archery season also opened last week and I have been thankful to get back out in the stand and spend some more alone time with God. There's nothing like watching the sun rise on those cool October mornings. I haven't gotten one yet but I am excited for some organic venison!

We continue to be overwhelmed by love and support, and we thank God for each one of you. We called down to the cancer center today and it sounds like I will go down for 3 days of treatment t​he last week of October. I will probably just go down by myself since it is just for a short trip.

On Saturday Katelyn and I are supposed to speak to a group of high school kids about our journey. We would greatly appreciate your prayers. Pray that God would give us boldness and that he would use our experience and testimony to encourage others to trust in an almighty God. Thanks so much for your prayers.

No comments: