Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tuesday, September 22, 2009 6:17 PM, CDT


What a great God we serve? I am so thankful for all the news we have heard in the last week. God has been faithful through this whole journey. We have never felt alone. He has continued to give us supernatural joy and hope. He has blessed us with amazing friends and family. We also have met some great people down here.

Last week we went to a party at one of the nurse's churches to celebrate Mexico's Independence Day. There was good food and Christian music. It was a lot of fun. We also went to a basketball gameat the stadium in Tijuana with Kiko, the maintenance man down here. It was a blast. We also had two singings at the Cancer Center. We had Mennonites, Amish, and AC's. It was a lot of fun. We sang traditional hymns that most of us know. It was just need to worship with people of different backgrounds but that serve the same great God. It was a good week.

Our weekend was great. We stayed with the Duggers and had an amazing time. We biked around Coronado Island on Saturday afternoon and then went to downtown San Diego for a delicous meal and then for ice cream at Ghirardelli's. Sunday we went to two different church services, went to the beach, and hang out with a couple that Mark and Laura know really well. They were great. We just all sat around and talked about how God is working in our lives.

Now it is back to treatment. My last full week. I have been feeling pretty well overall. I don't have a lot of energy but I haven't had much nausea or other side effects. I got chemo last night and I will get it tonight just as a precaution. I had no side effects from the chemo last night. They just give about 10% of the dosage than in the states. I will keep getting detoxed and my vaccines up until Friday. I also will do radiation until Friday. Friday night we will head to Mark and Laura's and then catch our plane early Saturday morning. They will give me a home program with supplements, vaccines, etc. They said I will need to come back in a month for 2-3 days just for a check up.

We are so excited to get back home. I have been so thankful for all the time I have been able to spend with Katelyn and Arawen, but we miss Jaycee so much. Her vocabulary had been growing so fast and we feel like we missed out on a lot being away from her. We know that it was worth it and it has given us a new perspective to make the most of the time we have with her. Arawen said momma and daddy for the first time last week. She growls a lot and is a climbing machine. Every one loves her down here. She is such a happy baby and lifts the spirits of the staff and the patients. It's has been great to have her down here.

Thanks so much for all of the prayers and emails and cards and finances that you all have blessed us with. We can never thank you enough. I think of what would happen if we all prayed with this same fervency all the time. I believe God has used our situation to stir a lot of different people up and for that we give God all the glory. I talked to someone who was starting to fast with his wife, something they really never did much before. God truly is amazing and so much bigger than our situation, and we just want His name to be magnified.

Please pray that the treatment the rest of the week would do what it was intended to do and that we could make it home safely. To God be the glory great things He has done. We look forward to seeing you all when we get home. God bless.

No comments: